Contact: Al Polmonari, firstname.lastname@example.org
Die Design Engineer - Posted 8/15/18
Duties and Responsibilities
· Design tooling for metal stampings (Progressive dies) -- including a variety of drawn, complex brackets and other forms
· Maintain accurate and understandable file structure within the tooling department computer system with strict adherence to Astron’s Die Design Standards.
· Request purchases for all necessary tooling materials and supplies
Skills and Specifications
· Ability to work with CAD software (SolidWorks or Inventor experience preferred)
· Extensive knowledge of metal stampings and forming processes (Desired).
· Ability to read blueprints and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
· Excellent math skills
· Sheet Metal experiences a plus.
· Machine Shop experiences a plus.
· Ability to multitask and work in high pressure situations under deadlines
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Articulate communicator and ability to interpret and explain written and statistical data to a wide range of audiences.
· High standard of attention to detail.
· Solid commitment to customer or employee service.
· Ability to manage time and prioritize work in an effective manner
· Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
· Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality
· Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution while being cost sensitive. Commitment to continuous learning.
· Knowledge of quoting in a manufacturing setting or related experience and education.
· Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade, Microsoft Office suite of products and CAD/CAM software.
Education and Qualifications
· 2+ years of experience in Manufacturing quoting and estimating preferred.
· 3+ years of experience as a Machinist or Tool Maker
· Intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, (Outlook, Word, Excel).
· No direct reports.
· Office environment, lifting up to 25 lbs., sitting for prolonged periods.
ASTRON Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- a 401k plan
- paid time off (PTO)
- holiday pay
- health care
- short term disability
- and continued education.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To download our employment application, click here.