"In our dealings with fellow employees, customers and vendors we practice consistency, fairness and openness."
ASTRON’s quality assurance goal is to make parts to our customer’s specifications 100% of the time. To accomplish this goal, we have designed and implemented a quality system that puts procedural emphasis on the front end of our administrative and manufacturing cycles. A unique “Process Control Plan” (PCP) is developed for each part that we manufacture. The development of the PCP takes into consideration inspection techniques to be used, inspection equipment requirements and SPC disciplines to best match the process to the product.
ASTRON began it's ISO journey in 1995 in collaboration with Merrimack College and received registration to ISO 9002 in April of 1996. In 1999 Astron was registered to QS 9000 and in 2009 Astron was registered to TS16949:2009. Astron currently holds a certification of registration to "ISO 9001: 2015.”
In the continual quest for process improvements, Astron utilizes methods including Cpk studies, GP-12 and PPAP ‘s to determine the accuracy and stability of significant part dimensions.
QUALITY ASSURANCE / INSPECTION
- OGP Smartscope Flash 200 video measuring system with laser scanner
- 12 x 12 Micro-VU Non-Contact Color Video Measurement System. Resolution = .000005
- 30” Scherr Tumico 22-250 Optical Comparator with 2-axis digital readout
- 1 Rockwell Hardness Tester
- Various size ranges of: Micrometers, Vernier’s, Pins, Height Gauges, Functional Gauges, Indicators, V-Blocks, and Specialty Gauging
- Several Granite Surface Plates from 18” X 24” to 36” X 48”
- Quality system conforms to ISO 9001:2015
- Calibration System conforms to ISO 9001:2015